a module defined tag indicating servo motor not turning

unsaint32

We have a servo motor that moves a chute horizontally. The chute drops the parts when the chute door opens. However, sometimes the door closes too soon, clamping the part that had not quite finished falling out.

I want to add a HMI button for the operator to manually open the door to free the stuck part, but the door must not open while the chute is moving. So the manual button must be enabled only when the chute is not traveling.

Our set up uses RSLogix 5000 (v. 19.01) and Kinetix 6500 with a servo motor.

Is there any servo axis tag from the Kinetix that I can use in order to indicate a status of the motor shaft NOT turning?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Run a trend on the .ActualVelocity value of the Axis tag and see if it's stable enough to use in a "LES" instruction while the axis is at a standstill.

What instructions run the chute axis ?

If the axis is not being homed, or jogging, or gearing, or under the command of a motion instruction like MAM, then the .JogStatus, .GearingStatus, .HomingStatus and .MoveStatus bits will all be false.

Run a trend on the .ActualVelocity value of the Axis tag and see if it's stable enough to use in a "LES" instruction while the axis is at a standstill.

What instructions run the chute axis ?

If the axis is not being homed, or jogging, or gearing, or under the command of a motion instruction like MAM, then the .JogStatus, .GearingStatus, .HomingStatus and .MoveStatus bits will all be false.

Would the .MoveStatus be true when jogging or homing?

Last edited: