FactoryTalk ME: Logging who hit buttons

jakeparsons03

We are installing a PLC that is in gray area between commissioned and actively running. We have 2 log ins on the HMI, my log in and the client's log in. Our fear is that something goes down or stops working and the client looks at us thinking we broke it when one of their guys hit the wrong button.

I assume there is a log of every button pressed and tied to the log in name. Does anyone know how to access it?

I have not used FT ME in a while (just SE), but I believe that logging button presses is down to the developer.
In SE, I normally use the 'Remark' command to send a comment to the events file (Alarm and Events SQL database).
An alternative if ME doesn't do this is to have the button generate an alarm and then you can log the alarm (have it non-latching, not need to be acknowledged) and then have a 1 sec timer to unlatch the alarm so that it can be triggered again next time the button is pressed.
If you have alot of buttons, its alot of alarms to be generated.

Others might have better solutions.. best thing about this forum is all the different solutions to problems