Studio 5000 CIP Error

dmag21

I'm having some trouble with accepting an online edit for a program running in Studio 5000. I'm trying to change the source of a MOV function and after hitting accept pending rung edits, I get the following error:

Error: Routine 'MainProgram - S20Control_SM_Sub': CIP Error: Operation Failed.

I found an old thread that mentioned changing the CIP options in RSLinx but I have tried that and am still getting the same result.

Any help would be appreciated.

Studio 5000 Error.PNG

I don't know if OP will return, but in the off chance they do, can you share the status of your controller's capacity? The reason I ask is because I had a similar issue very recently, but the cause of our issue was that we were using .59 of the .6 MB available on the processor (5069-L306ERS2). We had to upgrade to the next level of processor. I don't remember the exact error, but I'm fairly certain it was similar to this if not the same error.

After adding a few tags, one of which was a string with 480 characters, I started the online edit. I only changed the tag reference on two XICs in the rung, but the program refused to accept. It would verify fine however. It took me a little bit of digging to find the memory issue.