Kinetix 5700 Overcurrent

Wabbit87

Had a weird issue with a fairly new installation of a Kinetix 5700 servo drive. We were getting an overcurrent fault on the system. Normal % current pull is around 100%, however we were getting around 340% current. Checked all mechanical, inspecting for any binds or tight spots, lubricated all sliding parts and joints. Was still getting the same issue of high current. Eventually tried power-cycling the equipment and the issue cleared up.

Just found that kind of odd that a servo repeated overcurrent faults would occur and then get cleared up by power cycling the equipment. Hope this helps if getting the same issue.

ADC calibration probably initialized incorrectly. That would easily introduce a current offset that won't go away until the system is restarted.