Prices

I_Automation

Lifetime Supporting Member
What's up with prices this year?

I quoted a job last year with a CLX -L72 and could have bought one for $1,200 - now the cheapest I can find is $2,500 out of China that's probably a clone. The -EN2T I need has also shot up.

I use Brady LAT-37 wire labels and the price for the past 5 years has been $125 for a pack of 1,000 - I need more and this year it is $285. I didn't even check the price of a pack of 2,500 with that being over double.

I can presume the CLX is because of the chip shortage biden ordered, but this is almost everything lately seems to have been run through a +125% calculator.

If you have been to the grocery store lately you see that you will have to keep working for the next 40 years to afford to eat.:mad:

If you have been to the grocery store lately you see that you will have to keep working for the next 40 years to afford to eat.:mad:

Actually the plan now is to get 120+ acres, plant a massive garden, a small orchard of fruit trees, pasture for 2 cows and 4 pigs a year, raise chickens for meat and eggs, and have at least 20 acres of woodlot and hunting. Plus a nice stocked pond would do.

Actually the plan now is to get 120+ acres, plant a massive garden, a small orchard of fruit trees, pasture for 2 cows and 4 pigs a year, raise chickens for meat and eggs, and have at least 20 acres of woodlot and hunting. Plus a nice stocked pond would do.

I like the plan 🍺

Yep here in the UK, energy prices have virtually doubled, due to the recent conflict in Ukraine, food prices have increased dramatically, I have noticed that although the current inflation rate is 10.1%, have noticed many items have increased by at least 20-25 %, my weekly main shop is virtually always the same products, others are purchased at specialty shops & do vary so difficult to see what price hikes are like there, on top of that a certain energy company in 2021 profits increased by 44%, the current prediction for the last quarter of 2022 & first quarter of 2023 (end of the 22/23 financial year) profits are predicted to be double the 2021/22 financial year.
As usual, it's all blamed on poor harvests, the pandemic & war, it gives into MSP's "Greedflation"

... the current inflation rate is 10.1%, have noticed many items have increased by at least 20-25 %....

If that's all the prices went up there consider yourself lucky. After the 'toilet paper shortage' the price doubled.
Rubbing alcohol was not available and it suddenly came back at 250%
Gasoline (thanks to the guy in Washington using biden's name got to it) was 250% and has now leveled off at 175%
Lysol disinfectant spray is now 400% of what it used to be

And anyone who's paycheck went up 250% to match owns the company selling the stuff

part of it inflation and part of it due to RA's own unique issue as other vendors haven't raised price as much.

Btw. prepared for higher inflation for at least a few more years as globalization continue to shrink. Peter Zeihan got some good videos about this trend.

I suggest a few goats as well. Goats will eat things, that other live stock will not. May come in handy.