PLC Program that will run Christmas lights

Damon8561

D
Hi Can someone please tell me how to write a RSLogix 500 PLC program that will decrement and increment or use a bit shift that will allow the Christmas lights to change lighting sequences. I need at least 20 minutes worth of PLC Ladder logic. I have a micrologic 1000 processor. THank you for your time.

Get the manuals for the 1000 first: http://www.ab.com/manuals/cp/#mlogix

Try offering more details about what you are going to be using and what you need it to do.
1. Which ML do you have?
2. How many lights or group of lights are there?
3. What kind of sequence are you looking to create?

First thing to do is write down specifically what you need the program to do in the order you need it done. Study the instruction set to determine which instruction(s) seem best suited for the application. Make an attempt but keep it simple using 3 or 4 outputs.

Damon8561 said:
Hi Can someone please tell me how to write a RSLogix 500 PLC program that will decrement and increment or use a bit shift that will allow the Christmas lights to change lighting sequences. I need at least 20 minutes worth of PLC Ladder logic. I have a micrologic 1000 processor. THank you for your time.

BUT !!!

But real carefull, I've seen nice PLC destroyed by christmass lights sequences.

If you are using relay output and you make them go ON and OFF to often the PLC will be soon dead.