FactoryTalk ViewME EmailSender Activex Control

araja

I have been trying to put an Email sender Activex control on a panel PC running View ME Station. When I compile and test this application on the PC I am making this runtime file on, the Email sender works just fine, however when I run the same .mer file on the panel PC, the activex sender control button doesn't even show up. And the trigger bit doesn't send an email.
1)Both PCs have an internet connection.
2)While I am designing the application on ME Studio V 10, I'm making the .mer file for V 8.10 because the ME station on the Panel PC is V 8.10

What am I missing?šŸ™ƒ

Hi All,

I have a similar issue. I do have a Panelview Plus 7 which is installed on site but it won't send the emails out and comes back with "Fault Code 6: Failed to get host name by address".
Does anybody know what that references to? Could not find any information on the Rockwell Knowledge Base.
Thanks and Regards

@hseladi

Has been a while since I have been there but have you added the DNS Server eg. (8.8.8.8) for the standard Google one?

Hi @JulianSch

I was missing DNS server address. Once I got the right DNS server address, it worked.

Thank you for your help!