reseting counters and timers in rs 5000

darrenj

Hey all.. I am just starting out in rs5000 and have come across a sub routine that just wont quit!!

I am looking to reset all timers and counters in that routine..Is there a general reset i can use??basically if someone pushes the stop button iwant to reset 4 tiners and 3 counters to zeroo..i have done it with multiple instrictions..just wondering if you can do it in one shot..

thanks

darren

You can use a differentiated function to operate your resets. That way the reset will only occur when the button is pressed. If the operator keeps his finger on the button it will not matter. The diff will not work again until the button is released and re-pressed.

I should clarify that a diff is a one shot.

Thanks...that is how i have done it but was wondering if there was a "master reset" that would reset all timers and counters..

Thanks

Darren

There is no instruction or technique in the Logix system that will allow you to reset all the counters and timers in a routine or a program with a single instruction.

You can use the RES instruction, or simply move a zero to the Accumulated value register of each counter or timer.