upload program from E100 HMI Beijer

hello every body.
I want to upload program from E100 HMI Beijer.
I have " E - Designer " software and CAB5 programing cable.
I tried with USB to serial cable and windose XP virtual.But I couldn't connect .
can anybody help me?

hello every body.
I want to upload program from E100 HMI Beijer.
I have " E - Designer " software and CAB5 programing cable.
I tried with USB to serial cable and windose XP virtual.But I couldn't connect .
can you help me?

[email protected]

I have done many, a few things to consider I have E-designer & it will run on Win11 (providing you have the USB converter with the latest FTDI chip).
Have you created an empty project as the E100 ?
You may need to change the default communication as it is possible that this has been configured differently goto transfer then communication properties & the default should be 9600, Even, 7, 1 But if someone has changed this then you may have to try all options (I cannot remember if dip switch 1 is to boot into transfer mode but it is worth a try, this If I remember corrctly does give you information on it's configuration). Note: I did notice on some panels that the dip switch was upside down so it was dip switch 8 only ever did a few 100's but many 1060-1100 so not sure if the 100 has the dip switch. also, I have a funny feeling the 100 may not have a seperate supply or it is a 5v, however, again my memory is not that good & I think some used the 422 cable connected to the PLC as the power source so only needed the 5v if not connected to the plc.
Also if it has been password protected then you will not be able to upload the project it will ask for the password.
I also remember that there were two types of cable, the original was for the older MAC terminals (the original before the E series), this cable had the RX/TX swapped over, came across this once, I had the correct cable for the Mac series, tried to use it on the E series had the same problem, got some drawings from Beijers (made by them & re-badged for Mitsubishi), turns out the old mac cable & the new e series had those swapped over.

Last edited:
And more, we have to ask why you want to upload the program, if it is because the E100 is failing, then that could be the reason. Then, not all USB to RS232 converters are equal, I used to have at least three different ones in my kit, and cycle between them if something doesn't work with one of them. I found that the Keyspan usa19hs was my normal 'go to' converter, but even that failed sometimes. Finally make the USB cable going to the USB RS232 converter as short as possible.

The simplest starting point is to try different Baud rates, as Parky suggested.

I have done many, a few things to consider I have E-designer & it will run on Win11 (providing you have the USB converter with the latest FTDI chip).
Have you created an empty project as the E100 ?
You may need to change the default communication as it is possible that this has been configured differently goto transfer then communication properties & the default should be 9600, Even, 7, 1 But if someone has changed this then you may have to try all options (I cannot remember if dip switch 1 is to boot into transfer mode but it is worth a try, this If I remember corrctly does give you information on it's configuration). Note: I did notice on some panels that the dip switch was upside down so it was dip switch 8 only ever did a few 100's but many 1060-1100 so not sure if the 100 has the dip switch. also, I have a funny feeling the 100 may not have a seperate supply or it is a 5v, however, again my memory is not that good & I think some used the 422 cable connected to the PLC as the power source so only needed the 5v if not connected to the plc.
Also if it has been password protected then you will not be able to upload the project it will ask for the password.
I also remember that there were two types of cable, the original was for the older MAC terminals (the original before the E series), this cable had the RX/TX swapped over, came across this once, I had the correct cable for the Mac series, tried to use it on the E series had the same problem, got some drawings from Beijers (made by them & re-badged for Mitsubishi), turns out the old mac cable & the new e series had those swapped over.

thanks so much for your replay.I have experience about upload program from E610 Terminal. yes I have created empty project as the E100.ALSO It's connected to PLC with RS422 cable and power supply com from PLC . PLC and HMI work correctly.only I want to upload program from HMI. I don't have password, what is default password.? also I tried all baud rate, but I couldn't upload.I didn't any dip switch in this HMI.

did you upload with WIN 11 and USB TO SERIAL CABLE?

I thought the E100 series did not have dip switches but I could not be sure , I have used win11 on a E1060 with a Ugreen USB to 232 converter s this one I found worked Win 11 does not support some of the other chipsets. There is no default password & probably not configured as if communicating I would expect it to request password on the HMI.
The only thing I found on win11 is the help file does not work.
& one minor problem with typing in alarms, it was weird, I created a new project, started to type in the text for the alarms & it put the wrong characters in, I loaded an existing project, deleted almost all except the alarms, re-configured the alarms & it was ok probably a font type in win11, however, after doing this once it never happened again.

Happened with me that XP vertual can't access the ports of my PC, had to go back & use an other PC that has true XP & did the job.

Happened with me that XP vertual can't access the ports of my PC, had to go back & use an other PC that has true XP & did the job.

My XP vertual can access the port. I can upload from newer E_Terminal with XP vertual and USB to SERIAL CABLE. I don't know why it doesn't work for E100

Ah... It may be that the older models have pins 2 & 3 swapped, came across this when they changed to the newer ones with the cast bevels.
I remember having two cables but these were the same, I swapped the Rx/TX over by chopping the cable & swapping the cores over. I do know that the E900 series were that way when we replaced them with the E1000 range. for example the E910 I think it was the direct replacement was the E1100 but needed a conversion bevel which they supplied .

Ah... It may be that the older models have pins 2 & 3 swapped, came across this when they changed to the newer ones with the cast bevels.
I remember having two cables but these were the same, I swapped the Rx/TX over by chopping the cable & swapping the cores over. I do know that the E900 series were that way when we replaced them with the E1000 range. for example the E910 I think it was the direct replacement was the E1100 but needed a conversion bevel which they supplied .

That means CAB5 cable is not suitable for E100 ?

Yes I think that is correct, I have just looked at my cables, unfortunately there is no identification but I know originally they were both for the E1000 series, one I modified to talk to the older types & I believe that was to replace the cab 5, I still have it with the tape on the cores so they did change the pinout by swapping pins 2 & 3
There was an adapter to convert the cable E1000 to E series it was purely pins 2 & 3 swapped.
So either build your own or cut the cable identify the cables for pins 2 & 3 & swap them. The confusing thing is the "E" series are not the same as E1000 series here is a link to some of the cables.

https://docplayer.net/14512205-E-series-e1000-series-cable-guide.html

Yes I think that is correct, I have just looked at my cables, unfortunately there is no identification but I know originally they were both for the E1000 series, one I modified to talk to the older types & I believe that was to replace the cab 5, I still have it with the tape on the cores so they did change the pinout by swapping pins 2 & 3
There was an adapter to convert the cable E1000 to E series it was purely pins 2 & 3 swapped.
So either build your own or cut the cable identify the cables for pins 2 & 3 & swap them. The confusing thing is the "E" series are not the same as E1000 series here is a link to some of the cables.

https://docplayer.net/14512205-E-series-e1000-series-cable-guide.html

I can connect with E100 at the end with real windows xp and real serial port.but E100 is V4.03 and my software has only V6.0. so I couldn't upload program. I have E-Designer v7.50. where can I download older version?