How do i use the S7-300 plc with encoder, motor and drive to control motor position

Shadley

Hi Guys

Im currently doing a project where i am having move a motor to any given position fwd and rev.I was given a s7-300 plc with anologue in and output cards, a telemaq drive and an encoder.

I never really worked with analogues and dont know where to start.How would my hard wiring look like between the components and how would my software program look like for moving my motor to any position i want to. Would i also be able to change my speed and how would i be working from a reference point.

Please is there any examples of the wiring and program of the application i can get, would really appreciate it alot

Thanks
Shadley :confused:

For analogue you can start with checking FC105 and FC106 Scale and Unscale blocks in SIMATIC MANAGER.

For the encoder if you dont have a compact CPU you will need a FM module for high speed counter...Check this out.

With wiring you should check your motor plate information and encoder wiring diagram. Those information would lead you

While I'm not familiar with the S7 details, I would think that this person needs a single axis control module for his PLC. He's got to keep track of position somehow.

Or not?

While I'm not familiar with the S7 details, I would think that this person needs a single axis control module for his PLC. He's got to keep track of position somehow.

Or not?

Nah with a counter module you count the pulses from the encoder and
know where you are on the axis.
Even more precise is using an absolute encoder.

I was given a s7-300 plc with anologue in and output cards, a telemaq drive and an encoder.

I never really worked with analogues and don't know where to start.
This isn't good.

Please is there any examples of the wiring and program of the application i can get, would really appreciate it alot
Usually the manufacturers have data on-line. I would look up the data for the telemaq drive first.

Hopefully the drive will have some smarts to it so the drive can be given a position reference from the PLC and the drive will send the motor there. Otherwise you have a long battle ahead.