Messaging between SLC500 and AD DL06

Jim G.

Does messaging work between a SLC500 and AD DL06 plc? I want to be able to monitor some outputs from the SLC500 and use them as inputs to the DL06.

Which SLC500? Is it one with an RS232 port? One possible method that may work, but would be a real pain, is by sending ASCII data from the SLC by setting up the RS232 port in user mode, then receiving the ASCII data in the DL06 and parsing it.

Similar Topics

I have followed several videos and tutorials that suggest when using the MSG function to enter 2,xxx.xxx.xxx in the Path box in order to connect...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have an existing ControlLogix Processor (Rockwell PLC) and we want to replace it with either an quantum or Unity Processor (Schneider PLC)...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, I'm trying to set up messaging between two PLC 5 processors that are on Data Highway, but I'm having a difficult time finding any...
Replies
Views
Having a little trouble messaging between to old plcs at my mill. I’m trying to message between a PLC-5/40B and PLC-5/40E on a data highway...
Replies
Views
Hello all, i am having an issue with my message bit that i cant figure out what is wrong. Basically i am trying to message between two different...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom