Toggle 2 bits with one tag or in Wonderware

No other way than scripting it..
Assume your using SP (based on previous posts..)

Perhaps cleanest way is to have a data change script, then to the toggle in the script, with last line making the second tag = the first.

But, as we seem to miss often, why the need to toggle 2x tags. ??

Action script on button up..
Bit 1 = 1
Bit 2 = 2

Was I nuts on this...."Bit2 = 2"????

This is better route:
If Bit 1 =1 THEN
Bit 1 = 0
Bit 2 = 1;

ELSE
IF Bit 1 = 0 THEN
Bit 1 = 1
Bit 2 = 0;
ENDIF;
ENDIF;

This is a simple button script...
Is there a reason not use a script?

What do you do if both bits in plc = 0 or 1?
Both will just be inverted.

Maybe code should be:

IF <button> THEN

BIT1:= 1;
BIT2:= 0;

ELSE

BIT1:= 0;
BIT2:= 1;

END_IF
Now you are just setting bit 1 high as long as you keep the button pressed, and bit 2 high when you release it, what's the point of that?

Am I missing something or isn't it just a question of toggling two bits from one command?

What do you do if both bits in plc = 0 or 1?

That script would invert the two bits regardless of their original state. I understood the OP to be asking how to toggle two bits at once. I never got the impression that the OP wanted the two bits in question to always maintain opposite states.

Now you are just setting bit 1 high as long as you keep the button pressed, and bit 2 high when you release it, what's the point of that?

Am I missing something or isn't it just a question of toggling two bits from one command?

Yeah, you are right with this. Sorry