Cimplicity 6.0 and M340 communication issue

riz123

Hello Everyone, I am getting a communication issue between Cimplicity 6.0 and Schneider M340 PLC.
To understand it I will post in details as what is the issue.
First There is a runnig machine which was controlled by Schneider Premium PLC and Cimplicity SCADA 6. As Premium PLC was communicating with cimplicity 6 via schneider OFS (OPC Factory Server 2.2) and XIP driver. So now client just wanted to upgrade PLC from premium to Schneider M340 while retaining Cimplicity SCADA as it is. Now on site we have replaced the PLC with M340 and changed the wiring also.
But now in SCADA PC I can ping my M340 PLC and with Cimplicity TCP IP diagnostic tool I can read write registers to M340 PLC. In OFS I have defined Alias as M340 along with PLC IP address. But in point control panel I am unable to see the PLC values. Also In OFS status window I am getting error as "Error creating item M340!%MWXX". Also in cimplicity Log file I can see that my cimplicity client is able to connect to OFS server but giving error as COR_DCRP_ERR (20016) AddItemListToServer.
Also I want to clarify that I cannot import unity variable in OFS as there is no option for UNITY. Also I tried direct TCP IP communication but it is also not happening. While defining port in Cimplicity I can not see M340 PLC in its dropdown. I m just able to see Modicon 184 to Quantum series only.

So there is shutdown for machine and I have to finish it ASAP.
Kindly if anyone can give me a good idea/solution which will solve my problem I will be very grateful to him..

Thanks.

Your issue may be with addressing.

I would try using 401234 instead of %MW1234
%I1234 - 101234
%M1234 - 1234
%IW1234 - 301234

Also, The M340 uses tag-based addressing where the older processors used Modbus addresses. You'll have to map your Modbus addresses to the new tagnames for your I/O to work.