Sinamics S120 Profinet addressing

PLCs@Sea

G'day, this is my first ever post, so please be kind.. I'm fairly experienced with PLC's in general but I have a small challenge with an existing proprietary Siemens installation.
The system is a ship's propulsion, consisting of 3x S120 packages, 3x 2000kW gensets, Power Management System, Remote Control Systems and a full remote monitoring system all connected by Profinet and some smaller Profibus-DP spurs within the Drives and RCS.
It is a nice system which has worked faultlessly for 6 years apart from the odd cable issue.
The S120's have small cooling fans which run continuously and of course have a watchdog alarm that tells us that the fans must be replaced after they have reached the end of their designed life. We have replaced the fans BUT to reset the alarms we must reset a Parameter in the CU320 to zero.
The problem is that the HMI does not have access to that Parameter included in it's program, but then it should be a simple matter of access via Starter from the Profinet BUT I'm not having any success accessing the S120 CU320..
I do also have a [COLOR= ]6GK1571-0BA00-0AA0[/COLOR] cable but it's only 1.5Mbps and doesn't connect (baud too low?).
The first attachment shows the S120 addresse obtained previously via Profibus (by a visiting techo). It doesn't look like a valid IP address is assigned?
Second attachment shows the physical layout in the S120 control cabinet. Third is Accessible Nodes that I can see, but no Drives.
I am asking for advice please, to access these (non-critical)Parameters. I'm thinking that I should be able to connect to the CU320 directly via Profinet but I'm not keen to experiment further without a better understanding. Can I network using a MAC address? Can I connect to the CU's Drive-Cliq interface?
I have been studying lots of excellent Siemens manuals but there's just too much information to digest!
I would really appreciate any guidance, thanks!

S120 Control Cabinet.jpg Nodes.jpg

If your CPU has Profinet, and your CU320 is Profibus, you can access the CU320, because the CPU will act as the gateway between Profinet and Profibus.

The link below explains how to create the STEP 7 and STARTER configurations to allow the CPU to be a Profinet/Profibus gateway. In your case, try skipping to Section 8 (page 31/43), except in your case, the interface on page 35/43 should be Ethernet instead of Profibus.

https://support.industry.siemens.co...rter-via-a-profinet-interface-?dti=0&lc=en-WW

thanks for that!
I've read the doc and run through the process offline.
Now just waiting for some time at anchor to connect into the Scalance on the Profinet side of the cpu315. As I understand it, by taking the existing HW config from the cpu315 and adding the routing then compiling and uploading I will not affect the existing cpu program, only the HW config? I don't wish to disable the system :) (I'm used to PLC's where uploading overwrites everything)
thanks again for your help!

Adding a PG/PC to the STEP 7 project has no effect on the PLC. This is completely an offline thing. You should not have to download to the CPU. Just try to go online without downloading to the CPU or the Sinamics drive.

In S7 it is possible to download only the HW config without the program, but the CPU will have to go to STOP mode in order to download the HW config.