Simple question regarding rung branches

Bobby Stacks

Hi, I'm pretty new at this whole PLC thing. If you have a branch in the input section of a rung what does that mean? Is the branch true if every input in the branch is true or is it true as long as 1 part of the branch is true? Also if it's in the output area what does that mean? Thanks.

Look at the ladder as an electrical circuit. If there are multiple input branches, only one of them has to be true to allow "power" to pass to the output(s). For a branch to be true, all the instructions on that branch must be true.

If there are multiple outputs on separate branches, they'll all get "turned on" or "turned off" at the same time.

Check out the Learn PLCS button at the top of the forum. I haven't looked at it yet, but it should have plenty of beginner level information to get you off to a quick start.

Good Luck!
OkiePC