Profinet I/O VLAN

gcm800

Is possible to manage several Profinet RT I/O in different VLANs in one switch?

The idea is using a ring topology switches in order to connect the I/O on the field, but these I/O belongs to different PLC, we want that the I/O and it´s PLC in different subnetworks but we do not want to have more than one ring, we want to use one switch in each location in order to connect the I/O from different networks in one switch with VLANS.

In general, yes: multiple PN networks can be split into different VLANs in the switch.

However, do be careful how you set up the VLANs in each switch. By default Profinet IO traffic is sent with high priority (6 out of 7). As you add it to the VLAN, make sure it keeps the priority. Also note that when you remove the VLAN, the priority then is removed as well.

This doesn't matter often, but I've seen it take systems down.

Strictly speaking, the answer depends on the switch you're using, but I can't see why not. I've seen switches that allow you to configure the priority of a VLAN, but never one that limited your options based on what other vlans are set to.