Logix5572 program upload problem

ect_09

Hi All,
I need your help that i want to upload the program from Logix5572. Communication is OK through rslinx over ethernet. but when i try to upload program from the CPU it shows following message as attached 1.jpg and go to offline.

when i try to go online then the message appeared as attached 2.jpg.

what should i do to upload program from logix5572. i am using rslogix5000 v19.01.

Thanks....!

2.PNG 1.png

Last edited:
Try to create an empty project with the same controller type. Save it, then try to go online. Select an option to upload from the PLC.

Ethernet or USB? if you can see the CPU in RSLinx on the Ethernet try uploading via USB and see if the same happens

Do you have a printer? or a walmart ? its a USB A to B cable and a lot of printers use them... or if you have a walmart close by they should have one

If not, then double check your Ethernet settings and make sure your on the same subnet, I have had processors show up in RSLinx that were not in the building

This is most likely a problem between RSLogix 5000 and RSLinx, rather than a network or driver problem. That "RSLinx has been taken offline" and "could not communicate with RSLinx" error message suggests it.

As this is RSLogix 5000 v19, it's a few years old. I would re-install RSLinx 2.59 if you can get a copy, since that's the most stable pre-3.0 (which was introduced with Studio 5000 v21) release of RSLinx Classic.

(Edit; I double-checked and verified that the 1756-L72 was first released with v19 firmware).

You need RSLogix 5000 v19 because you have a controller with v19 firmware in it. The major revision of RSLogix 5000 (after v21, it's called "Studio 5000 Logix Designer") must match the major revision of the controller.

That's why you can install multiple versions of RSLogix/Studio 5000 on the same computer.

I recommended RSLinx Classic 2.59.02 because it was the last revision of the pre-v3 RSLinx Classic architecture.

I don't know if this will fix your problem or not, but RSLinx Classic (lite) is free to download, and it can't hurt to have a stable version of the software on your computer.