Hitech/Beijer PWS6A00T-P HMI upload

technolog

Lifetime Supporting Member
We have a machine that we're trying to refurbish (we're a used industrial machinery merchant) and we need to get an upload from the HMI.

The HMI is manufactured by Hitech Electronics Corp. A little research tells me that they're now owned by Beijer. I've been able to download, what I believe is the correct programming software, ADP 6.10.0 (Build 197) and the Installation and Operating Guides.

The ADP software doesn't allow me to set the communication parameters. There is a Transmission Setup menu item under the Options menu but it's greyed-out.

I've switched on dip switch S7 which brings up the System Menu after the power on self-test rather than running the application. This tells me that the Download/Upload/Copy port is Com1, so I'm plugging into Com1. I'm using a GoldX USB/serial converter (from Automation Direct) with a null modem adapter. On the HMI, I can see that Com1 is set to 9600 baud, 8 data bits, Even parity and 1 stop bit. Because I'm unable to set the ADP software to match, I've changed the Com4 (the com port used by my USB/serial converter) settings in Device Manager to match.

When I try to get an upload it just times out. I've tried it with dip switch SW5 on (the comms settings should be taken from the HMI config screen, as above) and with it off (the comms settings are taken from the ADP software - because I can't see or adjust these, I've tried various settings of the com port baud rate, 7 and 8 data bits, parity in Device Manager, hoping to hit on the correct setting but with no success).

I'm hoping someone is able to offer some assistance or insight.

We've got a connection to the HMI now but before it'll perform an upload it's asking us to enter a password. I think it's the developer password. The password the application uses is 2222 and it won't accept that. Is there a default developer password perhaps?

If it's asking for a password it would suggest that the author has protected their project. I've never seen a default developer password in the different packages I've used, including Beijer iX Developer.

The password on Bejiers E series is set in the downloaded code so probably cannot be accessed I suggest you contact the supplier of the panel however some will not give it to you (I know this is going to open a can of worms) but I have been in this game for over 35 years and never password protect my code unless requested by the company I supply the equipment to and supply them with the password and documented source code, This is a pet hate of mine many system houses use one of the following excuses "It stops people who are not trained messing it up" or "we spend a lot of money developing code and do not want it pirated", as far as I'm concerned these excuses are very weak and their goal is to hold the end customer to ransom.
I have been writing software for many years and I'm not so vain to believe that I can produce code that most others cannot, I also realise that the cost of writing the code is costed into the project. On most systems done by others it will be quicker to re-write the code than to upload it without comments and try to decipher it. I agree that to poach original machine manufacturers machines or code is wrong but if like many projects I have done the cost of the development has been met by the customer so therefore they own the code.

Timeout is usually the wrong parameters i.e. Baud, parity stop bits etc. as for the password there are two levels of protection, one for entry on the HMI i.e. there are 8 availlable to protect either data entry or page change buttons etc. the project transfer is different, this is a sort of macro set in the project system settings this is a Macro PDxxxxxxxx where xxx is the password.
The only way is if you have the original file on disk. there is also another macro called PSxxxxxxxx, this overrides all operation & transfer passwords.

We've got a connection to the HMI now but before it'll perform an upload it's asking us to enter a password. I think it's the developer password. The password the application uses is 2222 and it won't accept that. Is there a default developer password perhaps?
.. I am also facing this problem. Please share your experience .

We have a machine that we're trying to refurbish (we're a used industrial machinery merchant) and we need to get an upload from the HMI.

The HMI is manufactured by Hitech Electronics Corp. A little research tells me that they're now owned by Beijer. I've been able to download, what I believe is the correct programming software, ADP 6.10.0 (Build 197) and the Installation and Operating Guides.

The ADP software doesn't allow me to set the communication parameters. There is a Transmission Setup menu item under the Options menu but it's greyed-out.

I've switched on dip switch S7 which brings up the System Menu after the power on self-test rather than running the application. This tells me that the Download/Upload/Copy port is Com1, so I'm plugging into Com1. I'm using a GoldX USB/serial converter (from Automation Direct) with a null modem adapter. On the HMI, I can see that Com1 is set to 9600 baud, 8 data bits, Even parity and 1 stop bit. Because I'm unable to set the ADP software to match, I've changed the Com4 (the com port used by my USB/serial converter) settings in Device Manager to match.

When I try to get an upload it just times out. I've tried it with dip switch SW5 on (the comms settings should be taken from the HMI config screen, as above) and with it off (the comms settings are taken from the ADP software - because I can't see or adjust these, I've tried various settings of the com port baud rate, 7 and 8 data bits, parity in Device Manager, hoping to hit on the correct setting but with no success).

I'm hoping someone is able to offer some assistance or insight.
I am also facing the same problem .
Please share your experience to resolve this problem.
Thanks

Yes you are right password is 222183600. But I am facing the problem of communication between PWS6A00T-P hmi and laptop. I am using USB to serial cable; window of my laptop is window 11.software I am using ADP6 version :6.8.0(build195).
I am not able to upload the program from HMI to laptop . Massage showing communication time out .
In HMI side setting -
Download/Upload/Copy- com1
baud rate- 9600
Data bits- 8
Parity - Even
Stop bit -1
In device manager
com1
baud rate- 9600
Data bits- 8
Parity - Even
Stop bit -1
In ADP software transmission setup
Pc port- com1
Baud rate -9600
Is there any specific programming cable for Hi-Tech HMI to laptop??