Beckhoff - EtherCAT to Ethernet/IP

KCRider

Hello,

I have several VFD's that communicate Ethernet/IP, and need to integrate these drives to an existing Beckhoff EtherCAT network so that they can be controlled. I've looked at the datasheets for the CX8095 and the EL6652, but not sure if these are the products that I should be considering. Anyone have any recommendations. The EtherCAT main network is fixed, so no changing that out. Thanks.

The CX8095 is only a Ethernet/IP adapter (slave) so it cannot be used directly for your application. I have never done it, but you can probably using something in the CX8000 series (or any of the CX series controllers with E-Bus) along with the EL6652.

I was thinking T6281 was an option, but it looks like it is not available yet.

I too would like to see more information using the El6662 to talk to an Ethernet IP slave device such as a VFD. I'm have a beckhoff IPC running twincat 2. I can't find any configuration and programming examples using the EL6652. I've been told by Beckhoff the El6652 will not work for explicit messaging. What if my slave has an option for implicit messaging? Will the el6652 work in that case?

I too would like to see more information using the El6662 to talk to an Ethernet IP slave device such as a VFD. I'm have a beckhoff IPC running twincat 2. I can't find any configuration and programming examples using the EL6652. I've been told by Beckhoff the El6652 will not work for explicit messaging. What if my slave has an option for implicit messaging? Will the el6652 work in that case?

I would say ask Beckhoff.

If you want I can send you the manual I've written for myself. It is in dutch but with many screenprints. And maybe google-translate can also help you.

I have talked with Beckhoff, they are not much help on the el6652 so far. I've spoken with two different Beckhoff engineers, but neither had much experience with the el6652. I would definitely appreciate you sending me your manual.

I'd appreciate getting this manual also. I might be using the EL6652 in the near future and could use all the help I can get.

Hi ivo.maenen,

I am also having some trouble communicating to an Ethernet IP Slave using the Beckhoff EL6652. The links you provided to your guide are no longer functional. Would it be possible for you to post it once again, or send it to me directly?

Thanks,
-Chris