Whats theasyest way to get the FX2n and FX3u plcs to connect to a network

Greg7683

Yup they don't have any Ethernet posts on them but would like to try and see if I can get them to connect to a network to get certain info on the network and then to a screen. Mitsubishi PLC's FX2n and FX3u

The FX2N is now redundant but the FX3 is just an upgraded version the plc code is almost identical and in most circumstances you can convert the program just by changing the PLC type in GX developer worth thinking about.
The FX3 has optional cards i.e. Enet 232 422 485 as do the older FX2N but these are no longer supported or probably sold These will allow communications.
In the past before FX3 I used some Ethernet encapsulation software supplied with a Ethernet to 232/485 converter and connected to the programming port on the PLC's you will need one of these modules in each PLC cabinet linked via cat5 cable to a multiport switch then the Ethernet encapsulation uses virtual 232 ports to send data to the Ethernet to 232/485/422 converters. I'm sure other people have other ideas so keep looking

I have nearly zero experience with Mitsubishi PLCs, but have used the Digi One IAP as a serial to Ethernet bridge in cases where I needed to access Allen Bradley serial only PLCs with both programming software and HMI drivers. I would expect that it could be configured to work for you.

If you want a data collection device that can handle logging and protocol conversion but don't need a bridge for programming software to use, most any of Red Lion HMI or data station devices can probably handle it.

I did look into using them modules and looked in to using a cc-link but from one of the companies I order threw said it will take a bit of programing and create some software in order to get the info I will need to get logged on our network and then to a screen.

our local distributor is selling FX5U-32 for price comparable to FX3U-enet card... Sure some work is needed

I'm from Czech Republic, so it won't have any value imho... But we are ordering directly from local Mitsubishi branch...