configure 1769 IF4 input module in RS Logix 5000

DannyBoi

I have installed 1769 IF4 analog input module in compact logix rack slot 3. I have an existing 1769 8 channel input card in slot 2 already working. When I go to RS Who I can see the module I just installed, but I cannot figure out how to configure the module. Any help would be appreciated.

in RSLogix5000, you need to Right-Click on the Local Bus and ADD the new module to the I/O Configuration list ... (you'll probably need to be OFFLINE to do this) ...

once that step has been done, you should be able to Right-Click on the new module (again - in RSLogix5000) and do the configuration steps ...

basic idea: just because you've physically installed (plugged in the module) it doesn't automatically get added to the I/O Configuration list ...

Thank you Ron. This is my first question on this site and am amazed that I was answered so quickly. Just joined yesterday. Many thanks again Ron!