Test RSView Studio application on a RIO network

mulderm

Hello,

How can I testing a RSView studio application on a Remote I/O network with a PLC5/25?
The application will later download to a Panelview Plus 1500 when testing is ok.
Using a notebook with RSView Studio ME and a Communication module KF2-B.
Communications configuration in RSView Studio?

mulderm

I've never played with anything on an "RIO" network, but as long as your laptop can talk to the plc you should be good to go....(I think)

Inside your RSView Studio project tree is a RSLinx Enterprise tab... Expand that and select the communications setup.

There will be a couple of tabs on the right (local, target)

Local is the communications path your project files on the laptop will use... Target is the communications path the panelview itself will use when the project is installed.

You'll have to install a driver (right click on the rslinx enterprise item, with the LOCAL tab selected) Setup your driver the same way you would in rslinx if you were trying to communicate with the plc, and make sure that it shows up in the browse window.

Next, you will ADD the device shortcut that all of your tags use, select your processor, and then save changes...

Finally, go up to the APPLICATION menu up top, and select "Test Application"

Your application should start up and run from the laptop, just as if it was running on the panelview.

I may have forgotten a couple of steps.... Let me know if this doesn't work, and I'll take a closer look at it.

Tom,

Must I go with my Laptop on the DH+ network of the PLC5/25
or the Remote I/O?
Because the application (Panel Plus 1500) is configured for
the Remote I/O (Target).
What I try to say is the configuration of the Local communication.
Can I use the 2711P-RN6-RIO adapter (wich normally is on the
Panelview 1500) to make the communication on the Remote I/O?
How must I then these connected on my Laptop?

mulderm

Last edited:
You can not run Test Application in RSView Studio ME on a Remote I/O network. The only way to test is to download the app to the PanelView Plus and run it. Refer to this Knowledebase document for help at support.rockwellautomation.com: G53039759