USB Virtual Com Port Driver

becs

I have a 1747-UIC from AB to connect to my SLC 500s in the plant. In RSLinx I need the computer to see the USB port as a Com port.

On the Rockwell site I found the drivers for this device. I initially loaded everything correctly, but the driver for USB->Com seemed to have unintalled itself. Trying to reinstall the driver I get a message telling me there was a problem installing this hardware.

So I am on the search for another driver so my computer will see the USB port as a Com port, but haven't had much luck searching through google. What are the chances that anyone here might be able to point me towards a driver I can use?

Thanks!

Try un-installing the UIC and re-installing it, I would also use the drivers from the AB site they work great with XP or Windows 7

I must confess that I haven't used the 1747-UIC. I have, however, used similar USB comm devices that required me to manually check Device Manager and then configure my software to work with the comm port number that was automatically (and arbitrarily) assigned to the device by Windows when the device was detected. Real, legacy comm ports had fixed comm port addresses and/or interrupts assigned to them, so this was never an issue after the initial software configuration was done.