pump sequencing zelio ladder diagram

Bujari

Hi,

I have a situation with four pumps which have to work 3 duty and 1 standby.
However the question is how I can make work to sequence them every 6 hours (1.2.3 on first six hours; 1.2.4 on second six hours; 1.3.4 on third six hours and 2.3.4 on fourth part of six hours)

You need to set up a simple timer circuit that will output every 6 hours. This output can then increase a counter to provide you different modes of operation.

You then reset the timer circuit to start timing towards the next cycle.

That should be enough to get you started, have a go and post what you've done if you run into problems.

I know it is a lot to ask but could you please state what version of ZelioSoft you are using as well as the exact model Zelio module you will be using?
Please also state that this is not a classroom homework assignment. It appears to be a standard classroom assignment and I don't like doing classroom assignments. As Jonnie R said " show us what you have so far".

If it will help you to understand what you might need for this program, here is a general outline of what I did. I used the pump not running, either 4, 3, 2, or 1, to determine the "Standby" (shut off condition), rather than trying to sort out all the possibilities to turn on the different groups. I used a self-resetting timer to increment a counter as Jonnie R said and the "V" instructions for comparing a value in the counter. Maybe this additional info will be enough to allow you to design the program you need.

Last edited:
Do you have to use ladder? Function block has got graftcet (or sfc) option that makes this easier.