Proworx Nxt compatible with XP?

ggrice

I've been working with Proworx Nxt on Windows 2000 machines with no problems. My IT department just started using XP pro to work around some wireless issues with some new laptops. With XP I'm getting "device not listening" and "driver turned off" messages even after i've logged on to the processor. Are there any known issues with Proworx and XP that aren't seen with 2000?

I had the first release last spring/summer and couldn't get it to work; too many bugs to deal with. Had to retreat to NXT. I've got v1.11 now and just started a project with it and so far so good but I've got a ways to go.

The common thread among the machines causing problems appears to be XP. My engineer came in Friday to take a look and says the install is corrupt and I just need to reinstall ProWorx. I thought it odd that seven new machines had bad installs while 25 others were working. Thanks for the second opinions.

Problem solved. Nxt was the latest version, but we use Cimplicity to maintain our discriptor database. There was an upgrade sitting on our public server, but no one ever bothered to install it on any of the pc's. All the problems I was having with XP disappeared with Cimplicity patched. Thanks a million for your opinions and suggestions.