Red Lion G306 crimson tags

viper7986

trying to setup tags in crimson 3.0, when i go to select the address for the tag it has the radix set as decimal, but my programing is binary, any ideas? (example: plc is B3:6/0, but crimson is B 003:0000)

Using:
PLC is a SLC 5/04
Redlion G306 HMI
Crimson 3.0

Thanks

look for the "Bit Number" selection as a separate field below the source. Put the address to the word level in the data "Source" field, (B03:0006) then select the bit number 0 below.

Last edited:
attached are photos of what im looking at, there is nowhere to enter a bit number unless i change the "extent" from "one item" to "array" then i could enter a number. Is that waht your calling the bit number location?

IMG_2497.jpg IMG_2498.jpg

attached are photos of what im looking at, there is nowhere to enter a bit number unless i change the "extent" from "one item" to "array" then i could enter a number. Is that waht your calling the bit number location?

I don't use AB all that much, but if all you want to read is a bit, why don't you use a flag tag rather than a numeric tag?

You need to create a 'Flag' tag and set 'Treat As:' as either Bit Array Little-Endian or Big-Endian to have access to the bit number selection. See attached....

New Bitmap Image.jpg

I am wanting to use a toggle button to turn the bit on and off, so will a flag tag do that? what is the difference in tags anyways? Sorry so many questions, im new to crimson

I am wanting to use a toggle button to turn the bit on and off, so will a flag tag do that? what is the difference in tags anyways? Sorry so many questions, im new to crimson

Yes.

Flag Tags are typically for two state values and numeric tags are multi state, including integers and floats.

Over simplification, but I think it will suffice.

Thanks, i have another question concercing buttons to increase/decrease a N bit, but i will start another post for that question

Thanks, i have another question concercing buttons to increase/decrease a N bit, but i will start another post for that question
Find a couple of arrows in the resource pane and plop them on the screen. Right click each of them, "Add action", In the "Operation:" drop down, choose "Ramp Value" and set up the details which are pretty clear cut from there except for "Data", which is the actual ramp increment.

Last edited:
How would I go about referencing an array of bits in a Program.

I notice that in Data Tags, the extent can be set to 'Array' of length 16 and treated as Bit Array Little-Endian

Could I then reference (for example):

B3:0/0 would be referenced by Tag[0]
B3:0/1 would be referenced by Tag[1]
etc;

?

B3:0/0 would be referenced by Tag[0]
B3:0/1 would be referenced by Tag[1]

In Crimson, the decimal point is used to select individual bits of an integer. So, make 'Tag' a numeric tag and assign it to B3:0. You then address the individual bits as Tag.0, Tag.1, etc.

You could also set up your base tag, let's say we call it HMI_Bit and the source is your PLC B3:0, bit 0, little Endian, but set the Extent to array and the number of elements to say 128.

Then you can reference HMI_Bit[0] through HMI_Bit[127] as the data source for other tags.

You can also use variables inside the square brackets which is handy for repeating things in loops, creating scrolling lists etc.