Help and tips regarding Siemens plc

please find the programme image

in that they are use db100.dbx102.1 (for example) so i want to know how the serch actual input out put ?
also how db are used in programe .what is the benifit of it?

20150618_135924_resized.jpg 20150618_140152_resized.jpg 20150618_140237_resized.jpg 20150618_140313_resized.jpg

Last edited:
I can't distinguish anything on those pics. Like I said, you might want to share your program.

Example:
Say you have 2 inputs and 2 outputs, declared as int.

So you copy PIW256 and PIW258 to DB100.DBW0 and DBW2
The DB could be declared as bits, bytes, ints or whatever.

In comparison, you can do the same for outputs. You can change the individual bits in the program (start/stop/reset) and send the whole word to the output.

The advantage would be readability.

Capture.jpg

please save the image and open it .ur able to view that .
the hole programme iam not able to share it because system flash drive disable .ans same pc not connect to internet.

ok let see in programme .
in that u have seen that db101.dbx144.3 is used for main drive stop from pendent.
1.now my question is that how it find the physical input no from it?
2. can you please eleborate the how can db are used ?

New Doc 3_1_resized.jpg

please save the image and open it .ur able to view that .
the hole programme iam not able to share it because system flash drive disable .ans same pc not connect to internet.

ok let see in programme .
in that u have seen that db101.dbx144.3 is used for main drive stop from pendent.
1.now my question is that how it find the physical input no from it?
2. can you please eleborate the how can db are used ?

Ad 1:
Point on that contact, right click and you get a menu saying 'go to point of use' (or something similar - don't have Step7 here). Look after where the tag is written to.
Or check the x-ref via Options / cross reference / select data (or similar - play with the selectors, you need to learn).

Ad 2: Sorry, can't interpret what you mean.

Kalle

Last edited:
I think first you need to know what physical I/O there actually is. like in investigating the hardware config. then use the cross reference tool to find out where they are used.

the db usage in your example is the same as you would use M bits and bytes. A bit of bloat IMHO.

Function Block vs Function

The function block has a datablock associated to it and has an additional address area called stat. Here you can store retentive data. So value from a previous cycle can be available in the current cycle.

A function has no function block and all addresses declared are temporary.

Also: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Siemens+Function+vs+Function+Block

hello friends and experts,
I am here along with question I hope someone help me.

I have cpu224 s7 200 PLC which I use in my new project . I have just write program in micro win v4 software and try to download the program in cpu224 cn . but it give below error.
A compile error occurred, check non-fatal error for more information"

my friend suggest me to change the software language to chinese and than try .but it not work and same error occurred.
my os is windows xp and I use ppi communication.

please suggest me solution

Last edited:
in PLC Information with Non-fatal error 82 with a message "Illegal instruction, check instruction mnemonics"

hello every one i ma here with new peoblem.

i have cpu313c-2dp which is using in NDT testing m/c . every thing is fine .but one day when i want do some modification in logic .that i face problem that i am not able to go online with cpu it give error (connection could not be established.The connection partner is not responding).

hello every one i ma here with new peoblem.

i have cpu313c-2dp which is using in NDT testing m/c . every thing is fine .but one day when i want do some modification in logic .that i face problem that i am not able to go online with cpu it give error (connection could not be established.The connection partner is not responding).

Plz help if anyone having idea about this