Help with Logo!

erghurt

Hello there!

I would like to know if it is possible to connect a Logo to ethernet and if so, which module do I need to get?

All I have is a part number for the Logo:
6Ed1-052-1FB00-0BA5

Many thanks in advance.

That's a logo 5. Upgrade to a Logo 8 and you will be good to go.
Apologies for dropping the required ! in the logo name.

Sorry, I have never worked with them before, I just googled it and it shows as Logo!.

Anyways, so you are saying that with that CPU, the Logo 5, I can't add an ethernet module?

Probably cheaper/easier take it out and replace it with a Logo 8! and use the Logo 5 for some other project.

How will I access the current PLC? I will still need to upload whatever is in it to then transfer it to a Logo 8

How will I access the current PLC? I will still need to upload whatever is in it to then transfer it to a Logo 8

Yes you will need the software and lead to transfer the program (assuming it's not password protected).

Yes you will need the software and lead to transfer the program (assuming it's not password protected).

Alright, and is the lead for that discontinued Logo 5 the same as the newer Logos? (Logo 6 to 8)

I know by the previous comments that it maybe easier and cheaper to swap the CPU, but sorry to ask again, is there an ethernet module for the logo 5?

Last edited:
Alright, and is the lead for that discontinued Logo 5 the same as the newer Logos? (Logo 6 to 8)

I know by the previous comments that it maybe easier and cheaper to swap the CPU, but sorry to ask again, is there an ethernet module for the logo 5?

programming cable for V5 is 6ED1057-1AA00-0BA0
programming cable for V6 is 6ED1057-1AA00-0BA0 (which is RS232)
or 6ED1057-1AA01-0BA0 (which is USB)
V7 and V8 use an ethernet cable only.
I am not sure if the 6ED1057-1AA01-0BA0 works with the logo 5 , and the manuals do not say. the manuals recommend using a usb to serial converter for logo 5.

No ethernet on the V5.
EIB/KNX or ASI only

manuals here
https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs/document/109744222/documentation-for-logo!?dti=0&lc=en-BD

Last edited: