InTouch can not find license

user173

Hi,

I have installed InTouch 2014 on a VM with W7 64 bit. With the Invensys License Manager I also installed the correct license, but if I start InTouch, it says that there is no license. I only can work in Demomode.
What can be the reason for this?
What I also noticed is, that every Wonderwareapplication requires admin rightsat startup. Is that normal?

Open License manager and verify that license file is there.
Is the "Type" a "Local" license?

Click on the license and in the bottom window it will tell you what WW applications the license is good for.

Is the license also valid for Intouch 2014?

You also need to disable UAC during Intouch install for Wonderware to operate properly.
This stops the prompts for administrative ok for operation.

The installed Version shown in Window Maker is 11.0.04000 2119.0801.0000.0000

One of my licensed features is:

FEATURE InTouch Wonderware 11.0 uncounted.

I think, there is all ok.

Similar Issue

In a VM, I am using InTouch 2020 and have a license activated in the Activation Manager however every time I go to use WindowMaker or WindowViewer, I get the error that no license was found and that I have to enter the Demo Mode. This doesn't help me very much as the file I have to open has more windows than the Demo Mode allows.
The License Details pane shows me that among other things, I have:
- InTouch HMI Server with Unlimited RDS Clients
- InTouch RDS Unlim Tagcount
- InTouch HMI Client for Tag Server Read Only
- InTouch HMI Client for Tag Server ReadWrite
- InTouch Web Client Unlimited Read Only Sessions
- InTouch HMI 2020 Web Server, Unlim RW Clients

To the best of my knowledge, this should work seamlessly. Any suggestions on how I can get WindowMaker to acquire the activated license?

-L