Parameters in visibility expressions FTView SE

scopley

Using Parameters set to 1 or 0 for button visibility

I want to use a parameter in the visibility expression for button on my menu, what I'm doing isn't working.

I want to open a menu display and pass though a parameter file with it to determine which buttons on the menu display will be visible. So far I am passing through values like this:

#201=1

and then on the menu display I set the visibility animation expression for a button to {#201}. Intending for it to be visible when #201 = 1 and invisible when #201 = 0.

I know I'm passing the par file through to the display when it is being called but the way I have it set up still isn't working. Does anyone have a better way to do this?

I'm getting an errors "Failed to resolve item's ID '1' because it does not exist on any server" and "[FactoryTalk]: The Item is no longer available:#201."

Thanks in advance.

Go to HMI tags/tags/literals, call the first one "true", select digital, data source memory, retentive, initial value one. Then do the same for "false", but initial value zero. Reference the tag names in your parameter file.

thanks this worked

thanks, this worked. Searched around a bit too and seems others have had this same issue and solved it the same way. thanks