Hide a Button in FT View

I'm not sure if I've come across a bug or I'm missing something very simple but I can't seem to hide a button in FT View.

There is a MomentaryPushButton used to start and stop a process, now this needs to be hidden from stopping the process if the user is not logged in above user level C. This button should always be able to be pressed if the process has stopped to start the process as soon as possible.

To do this I've placed an indicator over the button telling the user to log in to level C or higher so they can stop the process. The visibility expression I used was :
(NOT CurrentUserHasCode( C ) AND ({[PLC]ProcServices.Stat.OPMode} == 2)) == Visible
Which appears to be working hiding the indicator at the correct time.

The issue I'm having is that the MomentaryPushButton can still be pressed with an indicator in front of it. I even tried placing a transparent polygon in front of the button but the button can still be pressed.

How can I prevent the button from being pressed when the conditions are not met?

Make the button itself invisible under the conditions when it should not be able to be pressed.

You can try using the same expression in the button visibiity, but negated: when the indicator is visible, the button will be invisible and the operator won't be able to press it.

In any case, I suppose that if the connection with the plc is lost the visibility of both objects could have an erratic behavior. So the logic that is wired to the button should know how to handle false triggers (e.g. pressing start when pump is running).

Last edited:
The order of visibility would only matter in this instance if two layered objects were to be displayed at the same time.

Layering objects or text on a display is a common occurrence. We then use visibility controls to hide/display the objects. Because each object has its own visibility control, the order of the layering would not really matter. Simply placing an object over another object does not apply the animation to both.

OG