Logic Diagram Software

Another application that has caught my attention this week is the Draw package included with LibreOffice. I've used it this week to open some old Visio drawings of software designs I did more than 10 years ago. LibreOffice runs on many platforms - I'm using it on a Pi4.

https://www.libreoffice.org/

Documentation of software will mean different things to different people. For me, writing software never starts at the keyboard - paper and thinking come first.

Nick

i started doing this for several customers.
before i did my ladder logic, i wrote down each step as to what the machine was doing. i included timers, i/o counters.
step 1- do this exactly what the operator did and how to start the process.
step 2.... and so on.
i then gave the manuals to management and showed them and maintenance
the sequence of events. they went to the machine and did what the instructions said (first time i did this for them) and loved it. Yes, it cost them more, but their downtime was significantly reduced by reading the manual. it became a requirement for all machines being purchased. wouldn't this pass for a flowchart?
james