RSLinx PC Nodes

Duranthas

Lifetime Supporting Member
Last month when I got my new laptop I installed the newest version of RSLinx available at that time, which is 4.20. For some reason, every time I use the EtherNet/IP driver, it creates a node of the IP of my laptop (see attached photo). At first it's no big deal but I have to change my IP quite a bit so the list of odd nodes keeps growing. The fastest way I've found to get rid of all those nodes is to delete the driver and just create another, but surely there is a way to make it so that the laptop itself doesn't appear as a node. Does anyone know of a setting for this?
In the attached picture, there is only a handful of old nodes, but I've had well over a dozen before I deleted that driver and created a new one.
Thanks

Can't say that I have seen that with that driver. It would appear as though you have some sort of RSLinx server running. Almost like an emulator or soft controller. But I've not seen those do this. Hopefully, someone else has seen this and knows a solution.

But a quick method of deleting nodes from the display would be to right-click on your Ethernet driver and select Remove. This will remove all devices, then repopulate as the driver discovers your EtherNet/IP devices. It would get rid of all the ones with a red X.

When you do this, your ethernet driver may disappear. It hasn't been deleted. Click just above, on the text that says WORKSTATION and the driver will reappear.

Not a fix, but at least a quick way to remove all of those red X. And better than deleting and recreating the driver. :)
icons.

OG