Kinetix 5100

Joe Loescher

I need some help with setting up the homing and indexing of these drives.
We are upgrading one of our lines that was using ultra 3000 drives to the new kinetix 5100 drives. there are 8 drives and servos on the line. There are 4 that do motion and 4 that use indexing.
The motion part was pretty easy to set up. however getting the indexing drives set up is proving to be a PIA.
The first issue is the homing. I am trying to home to a sensor, and cannot get the motor to stop on the sensor. It always passes the sensor and by a different amount, depending on where it starts homing from. I have slowed the homing down a lot, but it still passes the sensor. I have also tried every homing type available...all 38 that are available. I have played with the accel and decel speed I even tried moving the home sensor to a high speed input, nothing seems to help. Looking for any suggestions as to what to try next.