TIA v13, declaring vriables with AT qualifier problem

AlfredoQuintero

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello to Siemens experts of the forum. Yet another basic inquiry.
I have been tasked with verifying that a program developed for S7-1200 with TIA portal version 16 will also work with older versions. I thought it would be an easy one, but I am unable to copy function blocks or data blocks from the TIA 16 to the TIA 13, so I started creating the different FBs and DBs on the older version, one by one. Then I have discovered that I cannot copy the variable declarations from the new to the old version. So OK, I create variable by variable in the old version.
But then I have the problem that the newer version is using some variables with the AT qualifier. And the newer V16 editor has under the field name two columns, one for the variable name and one for the AT qualifier, but TIA V13 does not have this column.
As you can see in the screenshot, if I declare:

InDataW AT "InputLReal"

I get a syntax error. Have I created the FB incorrectly on version 13 project? I checked all the attributes of the FB in the project I got from the customer and I think I using all the same options.o_O
How can I declare a variable using AT in TIA V13 and why the editors look different? Has the editor changed in TIA or do I need to set some advanced option?
By the way, is there as straight forward way to "downgrade" a TIA V16 project to an older version, such as TIA V13? I have assumed this is not possible, reason why I have been toiling with this issue.

Thanks.

TIAv16_TIA_v13_AT.PNG

AT definitely works with TIA V13. I have been using it like that since V13 and with S7-1500.
Maybe it is a limitation with the firmware version of the S7-1200 you are using ?

Apart from that, why in gods name write TIA code in V13 if it can be avoided ??

By the way, is there as straight forward way to "downgrade" a TIA V16 project to an older version, such as TIA V13?
I think you are programming in SCL. STL and SCL can be exported to source files, i.e. plain text files. The exported source can be imported and compiled. So in this way you can transfer from V16 to V13 with relative ease.

At command configuration was different on early TIAs.
AT variable type needs to be "AT" and below original normal variable name and type, then enter for modify this AT variable.

https://support.industry.siemens.co...ord-with-at-command/110341?page=0&pageSize=10

"
Use "AT" in FB not in global DB
* Should NOT be set to "optimized" when creating the FB
* Declare WORD variable as STAT
* Below this.. declare {array name} with the type as "AT"
* The "AT" will move away to the left and open the type entry again.
* Now write (again) inside the type entry ARRAY of BOOL.
"

I think you are programming in SCL. STL and SCL can be exported to source files, i.e. plain text files. The exported source can be imported and compiled. So in this way you can transfer from V16 to V13 with relative ease.

Thanks Jesper, thaaaanksssss!!!!!!!!!!
I was able to export the source from V16 project, then add it to external sources in the older version and compile. I wish I had known about this 48 hours later.

Thanks also to Lare and kalabdel. I am a little bit less ignorant of Siemens technology compared to when I woke up this morning.

Apart from that, why in gods name write TIA code in V13 if it can be avoided ??
Because my customer is a field device maker, whose customers are either machine builders or end-users who for some reason refuse to update their TIA V13, and thus the field-device maker needs to be 100% sure that his application developed in V16 will work on V13 environment as well.

Because my customer is a field device maker, whose customers are either machine builders or end-users who for some reason refuse to update their TIA V13, and thus the field-device maker needs to be 100% sure that his application developed in V16 will work on V13 environment as well.

How they adapt newer PLC firmwares to old TIA13?
They don't exist on TIA13 at least without updates.

How they adapt newer PLC firmwares to old TIA13?
They don't exist on TIA13 at least without updates.
Sorry for my incomplete/unclear explanation.
The firmware for the PLC will be the one supported by the relevant TIA version. So if the machine was built using an S7-1200 and the program was developed in TIA portal v13, the firmware of the PLC is the one provided with the machine, whatever TIA v 13 supports. If the machine builder or user would like to add the remote IO (PROFINET device) that my customer is developing, the PLC program would need some logic to control that new PROFINET device. This program is being developed and tested with V16, and the customer wants to make sure that the program would work even with older versions of TIA portal. My customer is doing this in abundance of caution. Siemens is not so widely used here and is like Mitsubishi in Europe or North America, known by limited number of automation engineers. This customer just wants to be 100% sure that even users of older versions of TIA will be able to use this sample program I was asked to "downgrade".