You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old January 23rd, 2018, 03:41 PM   #1
boneless
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

Set bit in FactoryTalk View Studio

Hi all,

On a rare occasion I am programming a PV1000, in FV Studio Machine Edition 7. I want to SET a bit with one button and reset it with the other. Seems easy enough.. But how do I do it?
Old January 23rd, 2018, 04:42 PM   #2
tarik1978
Morocco

You may use latched and unlatched button
Old January 23rd, 2018, 05:28 PM   #3
ASF
Lifetime Supporting Member
Australia

My 2c...

Do that in the PLC. On every PVP I program, every single button is a "set" button. In the PLC, as when the bit is set, I unlatch it immediately and then turn on a separate bit in the PLC for one scan to do what I want the button to do. There are a lot of reasons for this which I can go into if you want, but ultimately I've found it to be by far the most robust and reliable way.
Code:
|  HMI_PB_Start     HMI_PB_Start
|------| |-------+-----( U )-|
|                |
|                |  HMI_Cmd_Start
|                +-----(   )-|
You don't use the "HMI_PB_Start" tag anywhere but on this one rung. Everywhere else, you use the HMI_Cmd_Start tag. So in your case, you'd set up two "set" buttons, and two rungs like the one above. Then you'd use the first one to OTL the bit you ultimately want to manipulate, and the second one to OTU the bit.

But, to answer your question directly, the neatest way to do exactly what you're after is to use two macro buttons. Write one macro to set the bit to 1, and one to set the bit to 0.
Old January 24th, 2018, 05:37 AM   #4
cwal61
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneless View Post
Hi all,

On a rare occasion I am programming a PV1000, in FV Studio Machine Edition 7. I want to SET a bit with one button and reset it with the other. Seems easy enough.. But how do I do it?
The interlock push button will write a value to a tag. Set 1 button to 1 and the other to 0.
Old January 24th, 2018, 09:32 AM   #5
boneless
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

Interlock Push button it is! Thank you!

I am replacing a Beijer E1071 panel on a vessel currently fishing around Dutch Harbor, so trying to do it without changing any of my PLC code.

Thanks all!
Old January 24th, 2018, 04:47 PM   #6
ASF
Lifetime Supporting Member
Australia

Huh, didn't know about the interlock pushbutton! Good to know!
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum