You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old July 20th, 2016, 11:26 AM   #1
dkucukar
United States

Testing Edits Lost after power cycle?

This is just a shot in the dark but I'm trying to figure out what happened last night. Any help would be appreciated.

New clamps were added to some nest stations last week and somehow for startup this morning some but not all logic driving those clamps were missing from the PLC.

Things I know happened:

1) Power was lost to the line (PLC and programming terminal also lost power)
2) The initial person to troubleshoot had to open up the most recent program and go online. Doesn't look like they downloaded to the processor as all the datatables were still correct (part tracking and such). They would be at the previous saved state if he downloaded.

My thought is that the final edits were left testing and not assembled and the program wasn't saved with the testing edits. Does this make sense? Would testing edits be lost when the power gets cycled?

I'm running RSLogix 5000 v20.1 with 1756-L73S ControlLogix5573S Safety Controller
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum