FactoryTalk View Studio - Data logging

mjackson

I hope someone can help me.
I have FactoryTalk View Studio and a PanelView Plus 7 HMI connected to a PLC.
The customer wants the HMI to log data from a number of tags to a .csv file which he can then put on a USB drive.
I have had a good look at the help files and this does not seem to be possible. Is there any way to do it?
Thanks.

sorry i cant help you but you help me

can you tell me how can i get a gate pulse from AB plc rslogix to the TRIAC .
actually i provide a analog input to plc and got a analog output from plc ....... then now how do i give this signal to a TRIAC

what is the connection / logix / ladder diagran in RSlogix 500

Have a look at this thread as well - I started that one a year ago when I had a very similar project. It all worked quite well - I was logging to an SD card rather than a USB stick, but the concept is the same, just a different file path.

There were a few little tricks that I tried to detail as best I could in that thread, so hopefully it can save you a few of the same headaches :)

I've done this. There's a DataStore Plus ActiveX object you can put in your FTView project that will write the data to a CSV file either on the terminal or on a memory card you leave plugged in. My setup had it so that it wrote the files to an SD card left in the panel. I then made a USB drive with an autorun.bat batch file that would automatically copy the files to the drive whenever it was plugged in.

Here's a link: http://theautomationblog.com/datastore-plus-step-by-step-setup-in-factorytalk-viewstudio/

FactoryTalkToTheHand said:
...it wrote the files to an SD card left in the panel. I then made a USB drive with an autorun.bat batch file that would automatically copy the files to the drive whenever it was plugged in.

That's a great idea. I'm stealing that.

My setup had it so that it wrote the files to an SD card left in the panel. I then made a USB drive with an autorun.bat batch file that would automatically copy the files to the drive whenever it was plugged in.

That's a great idea. I'm stealing that.

That is a good idea.
If you find that the CSV files writes are too slow, then change it to write to the internal storage.

I've done this. There's a DataStore Plus ActiveX object you can put in your FTView project that will write the data to a CSV file either on the terminal or on a memory card you leave plugged in. My setup had it so that it wrote the files to an SD card left in the panel. I then made a USB drive with an autorun.bat batch file that would automatically copy the files to the drive whenever it was plugged in.

Here's a link: http://theautomationblog.com/datastore-plus-step-by-step-setup-in-factorytalk-viewstudio/
Hi could you share the instructions for making the bat file?