You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old April 11th, 2018, 01:30 AM   #1
XtremeIN
United States

Do-More and EtherNet/IP

Hello all,
I am working on a project the requires a Do-More H2-DM1E and an IFM AL1020 (https://www.ifm.com/mounting/7391037UK.pdf) to communicate via ethernet/ip. I have browsed several manuals, watched videos, and searched the web and this forum. I am at a loss. If my understanding is correct I need to use the EIPMSG command and that the Path fields need to match the IO block in order for communication to occur. I do not understand how to read and use the charts for the Class, Instance, and Attribute. any sort of help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Micheal
Old April 11th, 2018, 07:19 AM   #2
gclshortt
Canada

What you are probably looking for is EtherNet/IP Explicit Client / Server communications.
Chapter 18 EtherNet/IP™ object classes, messages and services - In your manual listed above. This will be for the Server (Slave).
The following video will show setup of the Client (Master). PLC
https://www.automationdirect.com/vid...ay=p3K3WbX406E

Regards,
Old April 11th, 2018, 09:43 AM   #3
XtremeIN
United States

Thanks Gary!
I had some time this morning to do some testing. I got the comma working and I can request and receive data. If I use class 1, instance 1, and attribute 1, I get 322 which is the vendor ID, which is correct. But I can not figure out what values to use to get a digital reading from a pressure transducer on port 1.............
Old April 12th, 2018, 11:19 PM   #4
XtremeIN
United States

After about an hour of testing I was unable to get anything other than some basic data from the IO block. A quick call to IFM and they confirm are that the Do-More series of processors is not comparable with the IO block. Their recommendation for a budget setup was the Automation Direct P2K or the P3K and a different IO block (I don’t have my notes, I think it was the AY1122).
Old April 13th, 2018, 10:15 AM   #5
gclshortt
Canada

Automation Direct also has a P1K (Productivity 1000 Series) that uses the same software as the P2K and P3K.
The cost of the P1K is similar to a Click.

Regards,
Old April 13th, 2018, 06:20 PM   #6
Cow
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeIN View Post
After about an hour of testing I was unable to get anything other than some basic data from the IO block. A quick call to IFM and they confirm are that the Do-More series of processors is not comparable with the IO block. Their recommendation for a budget setup was the Automation Direct P2K or the P3K and a different IO block (I don’t have my notes, I think it was the AY1122).
Have you tried posting this on Host Engineerings forum?

You'll be talking directly with the designers and engineers that created the Do-More.

They are also on the Automation Direct forum regularly too.
Old April 14th, 2018, 10:50 AM   #7
XtremeIN
United States

The engineer from IFM said they have tested and have documentation on intergtating their IO Link block with the P2K and P3K, he did not mention compatibility with the P1K. I know nothing about the P series. Going with their recommendation.

The project manager has been in contact with someone at Facts and he simply referred us to section 18 of the manual.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!
Old April 15th, 2018, 05:11 AM   #8
gclshortt
Canada

+1 Cow
Host Engineering Forum.
http://forum.hosteng.com/
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum