You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old October 19th, 2018, 03:18 PM   #1
alive15
United States

Motor Brake Issue

Hello, I have a MPL-B420P-SJ74AA that went out, but we did not have in stock, so we are replacing with MPL-B420P-MJ74AA. After hooking it up, I want to run the Hookup test on RS Logix 5000 v 20.19, but we cannot even move the motor manually. Our motor has a brake, but How do I disable this brake? I cannot tune the motor either, as I keep getting a "Messaging to servo module failed" error.

I already changed the motor catalog # in the PLC. What can I do to release the brake to complete the hookup test and fix the messaging error?

I do have "Drive enable input checking" box checked, so I have my enable signal forced on. What am I missing?

Unfortunately my machine is down and I'm losing production parts, so would like any help possible.
Old October 19th, 2018, 03:26 PM   #2
alive15
United States

Also, I noticed the bus indicator light is completely off? Before it was flashing green.

I am using Kinetix 6000, 2094-BC01-m01 and axis drive 2094-bm01-s (qty2) . All bus lights are off
Old October 19th, 2018, 03:51 PM   #3
alive15
United States

Okay, I got the bus voltage back on. However, I cannot tune my motor for some reason, as it keeps greying out so I cannot click it. We have a homing routine, so I ran that, and I see the motor spinning (motor unhooked from load), but I'm pretty sure I should tune it before placing into production.

I noticed when I flip from auto to manual mode, I can click it, but my motion power disables the drives from my machine. So I force the enable bit on for that drive and then try tuning, but it says "drive locally disabled", which I have read about online.

My drive is enabled through the force I have enabled, so where is the issue now?
Old October 19th, 2018, 05:12 PM   #4
alive15
United States

I got it set up, but now I am getting a E19 fault on the kinetix 6000 axis module. The manual says positioning error, increase the feed forward gain? What I have in the PLC should be correct. Also it mentions position loop tuning. What is this and I can I fix this particular one?

Thanks,
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum