Productivity 3000: Sending data to and from a computer

ctschuma

Hi all,

I am working on a project that involves a productivity 3000 and I was thinking I could send and receive data to my computer. But, I don't really know how to connect them. Is there any way I could use sockets or Modbus to send data?

Thank you,
Connor

P.S. your site is very Helpful! :site:

Modbus TCP is supported by the P3000 and widely used with a variety of SCADA applications.

Connect them with an Ethernet network, assign unique IP addresses (in the same network) to both the PC and the P3000, use a SCADA application or a driver package to read/write the values you need to access.

The Tag Database in the P3000 allows you to assign Modbus register values to your tags as you please (within the limits allowed by the data type and the Modbus protocol).

Be aware that with Modbus, word order and byte order can trip you up, but the Productivity Suite software allows you to manipulate settings to correct for this common issue.

A forum regular Archie has created a free HMI application that you may find useful:
http://www.advancedhmi.com/