You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old October 27th, 2018, 03:02 PM   #1
iggy
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

compactlogix version

I have been asked to help out for an emergency on a machine that I have no information what so ever. My question is they know it has a compactlogix that is all, without knowing the model number how can I figure out what version the controller is. I have no idea if they have a program I can have to try and open or if i will have to upload it. Sorry for the little information any help appreciated.
I was doing some PLC Programming on my laptop while waiting on my grandmother to get ready to go out to lunch. She says she is ready, I tell her to hold on a sec I have to find a couple of bits, she reaches into her purse and pulls out a quarter for me.
Old October 27th, 2018, 03:20 PM   #2
Ron Beaufort
United States

can either you - or they - "see" the controller/processor in RSLinx? ...

if RSLinx can "see" the controller/processor then right-click on it - and select "Properties" ... that should show you the Revision number of RSLogix/Studio 5000 that you'll need ...

you might also try having them do a Windows search of their computers for any files which have an extension of .ACD ...

2-B ?
Best regards, ----+----] [----+------------( )----
Ron | |
PLC Training Boot Camp - Retired | 2-B |
+----]/[----+

I once was lost, but now am found, was blind, but now I see.

Old October 27th, 2018, 03:25 PM   #3
Maxkling
United States

If the controller has Ethernet you/they may be able to go to the embedded webpage by using its IP address in a web browser. That may provide the firmware revision.
Old October 27th, 2018, 03:36 PM   #4
iggy
United States

ahh yes didnt think about that, thank you very much for the responces.
I was doing some PLC Programming on my laptop while waiting on my grandmother to get ready to go out to lunch. She says she is ready, I tell her to hold on a sec I have to find a couple of bits, she reaches into her purse and pulls out a quarter for me.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum