You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.
Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back - Interactive Q & A > - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old November 3rd, 2017, 09:19 AM   #1
United States

GP-4501T lost communication with SLC-500

Transfered a program and project from one machine to another and no longer have communication. The 2 machines are twin machines in every way.

We will say that Machine A has a part loading system that the customer wanted on Machine B. My company came in and added the part loader to Machine B and took the logic and HMI project from Machine A and loaded them into Machine B.

Now Machine B will not communicate with the HMI. Before the programs were added to Machine B everything was working fine. We even tried to change out the HMI with a new one thinking that it was something wrong with the unit, there was no change.

The HMI is displaying everything correctly and not giving any errors. The PLC is not showing any faults and seems to be working fine when switches are made.

I have checked all the addressing and all seems to be good on with that.

I am hoping that someone may have an idea of something I can try to get them communicating again.

Thank you in advance.

Old November 6th, 2017, 07:56 AM   #2

Have you checked the node settings and communications settings to match the HMI?

Connect with us on Facebook:
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum