You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old November 6th, 2017, 09:01 AM   #1
frodo88
United States

Panleview Plus 600 won't grab the tags!

Hi,

I am fairly new to programming PLCs and HMIs. I have been tasked with converting a Panelview Standard application (Panel Builder 32) to Panelview plus 600. I was able to convert via FT studio and I was able to establish comms with my PLC (SLC 5/04) through DF1. If I go to RS Linx Enterprise in FT view I am able to add the DF1 driver and then browse to the PLC it is going to communicate with. I hit verify and I get these message for my shortcut saying;
"Path to design device is assigned [SLC Device]"
"Path to runtime device is assigned [SLC Device]"
and above these two notes I believe it displays the server name which is pretty long address. So here is my problem. Every time I run the application through the test run, I get these errors saying;
"Problem writing value to OT_CURRENT_SCREEN" (this is my welcome screen)
and it list bunch of addresses, for example
"Failed to resolve item's ID ::[slc]N7:002 because it does not exist on any server".
Can anyone point me in the right direction and tell me what I am missing? As I suspect, it is looking for tags but can't communicate or not sure where it is located at? Any help will be really appreciated.
Old November 6th, 2017, 09:36 AM   #2
cwal61
United States

The OT_CURRENT_SCREEN should be setup in the Global Connections under the display tab. You will find it under the System Folder in the explorer pane. There are two tag connections there one for Replace Display Number and another for Remote Display Number. If you are using the PLC to control opening the display each display must have a unique identifier. That tag must be returned to zero to allow operator control of displays.

The other addresses you need to make sure your shortcut names in the tags match the shortcut name in the communication setup. Also your tags need to be in the controller scope and not program scope tag database in the PLC. If you use program scope tags they must be identified in the tag connection.
Old November 6th, 2017, 09:42 AM   #3
frodo88
United States

Thank you Cwal61. I had my shortcut named differently then the actual address. It seems to be working fine now!
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum