You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old December 4th, 2017, 12:31 PM   #1
IdealDan
Malaysia

Factory Talk Stuff

Hi Friends!
Please, Could some one just feed me with this info, How many users are allowed in Factory Talk View ME Version9 Permanent (Concurrent) Type License?
Old December 4th, 2017, 12:54 PM   #2
harryting
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

I assume you are talking about ME Studio (the editor). As with all FT license, there's no limit of how many users but only one user can use one license at a time. You can have as many users using it as you have license seats.
Old December 4th, 2017, 01:00 PM   #3
IdealDan
Malaysia

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryting View Post
I assume you are talking about ME Studio (the editor). As with all FT license, there's no limit of how many users but only one user can use one license at a time. You can have as many users using it as you have license seats.
Is FT ME version9 also applicable?
Old December 4th, 2017, 01:06 PM   #4
harryting
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

Yes,

I feel there's something I'm not getting here. As most software licence, it's one user per license or seat. With Rockwell FT Activation, one can have one license SERVER hold several licenses and client machines can point to the license server and grab the license when the user opens up the application. Once all the seats has been taken, no more user can open up the application unless one or more of the users drops off.
Old December 5th, 2017, 01:42 AM   #5
IdealDan
Malaysia

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryting View Post
Yes,

I feel there's something I'm not getting here. As most software licence, it's one user per license or seat. With Rockwell FT Activation, one can have one license SERVER hold several licenses and client machines can point to the license server and grab the license when the user opens up the application. Once all the seats has been taken, no more user can open up the application unless one or more of the users drops off.
Thanks for your input and sorry for my late response please!
According to your statement; ''Once all the seats has been taken, no more user can open up the application unless one or more of the users drops off''.
MY QUESTION IS:
1. How many (max) seats are allocated for FT ME 9 concurrent permanent License Type?
2. By Dropping off, you mean uninstalling?
Old December 5th, 2017, 03:02 AM   #6
cjd1965
United Kingdom

1 user at a time for each licence you own
Old December 5th, 2017, 07:12 AM   #7
IdealDan
Malaysia

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjd1965 View Post
1 user at a time for each licence you own
In that case, Hope there won't be any License issue, when I uninstall from my own PC then install same License into my client's PC or Panel?
Old December 5th, 2017, 07:15 AM   #8
cjd1965
United Kingdom

It is easy to understand. You need 1 licence for each version you wish to use at the same time. If you need to move the licence around a lot you should consider the special licence usb dongle
Old December 5th, 2017, 07:38 AM   #9
IdealDan
Malaysia

Really? We bought for a client but I want to work along the project with my colleague during the time he is not using he's (probably at night with my own PC) so that when we are ready to Transfer project to Panel, then I will uninstall/remove mine out of my PC. Can this activity render our client's License invalid? sorry for my too many questions, I just want to eliminate doubt since we do not have the dongle(software is already purchased. LICENSE TYPE IS CONCURRENT).
Old December 5th, 2017, 07:47 AM   #10
cjd1965
United Kingdom

Open factory talk activation manager. See how many users are licensed. Concurrent means 1 license can have x users. x can be 1 or more, depends on what you buy.

You may get a grace mode when you lose your activation where you can use the software for 7 days, but i wouldnt guarantee that.

Last edited by cjd1965; December 5th, 2017 at 07:52 AM.
Old December 5th, 2017, 08:27 AM   #11
IdealDan
Malaysia

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjd1965 View Post
open factory talk activation manager. See how many users are licensed. Concurrent means 1 license can have x users. X can be 1 or more, depends on what you buy.

You may get a grace mode when you lose your activation where you can use the software for 7 days, but i wouldnt guarantee that.
thanks bro
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum