You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old December 11th, 2017, 01:33 AM   #1
0151paul
United Kingdom

Logix L62 V13 - SEW MovfitFC (Tech)

Hi all,

I've come across an issue when trying to integrating an MovifitFC drive onto a L62 processor using V13.

The system is one of the oldest we have in the factory other systems we have are running Logix V30 on the L72 using the Movifit without an issue.

In the past we have intergrated an MoviPro ADC unit onto the v13 processor without any issues.

As the V13 doesn't support EDS files I've used the Ethernet module to create my own connection to the drive but even using the structure specified by SEW cannot get the drive to communicate. It keeps giving me a comms timeout message.

Has anyone got any ideas on what the issue my be or successfully done this elsewhere?

I don't really fancy upgrading this PLC to a new revision to due other equipment installed on the line

Thanks in advance
Old December 11th, 2017, 04:16 AM   #2
jstolaruk
United States

(Duplicate message)

Last edited by jstolaruk; December 11th, 2017 at 04:20 AM. Reason: Duplicate
Old December 11th, 2017, 04:18 AM   #3
jstolaruk
United States

L62 can run v20, that would probably help with the eds issue.
Old December 11th, 2017, 08:23 AM   #4
0151paul
United Kingdom

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

We run v20 (& v30) on a number of other areas within the factory and have movifit running via EDS there. This is where I have cross referenced the input/output array sizes against the documented information from SEW I don't really want to upgrade the PLC in the first instance but will if I have to
Old December 11th, 2017, 03:34 PM   #5
ASF
Lifetime Supporting Member
Australia

Can you post a screenshot of the error message you're getting?
Old December 12th, 2017, 04:29 AM   #6
0151paul
United Kingdom

Here's message & settings I'm using
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SEW1.jpg (73.7 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg SEW2.jpg (64.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg SEW3.jpg (66.3 KB, 6 views)
Old December 12th, 2017, 03:31 PM   #7
ASF
Lifetime Supporting Member
Australia

It's nothing more than a stab in the dark - but does your particular device have the option for Profinet and Ethernet/IP? A couple of years ago, I had an SEW device that I could not for the life of me get to talk. Turns out I'd forgotten to change a DIP switch that changed the port protocol from Profinet to Ethernet/IP. I finally worked it out after running a wireshark trace on the link, which showed the PLC sending out a connection request on the Ethernet/IP port, and the device rejecting it as the port wasn't open. A wireshark trace would likely be your next move also, if you can't find anything to "enable" Ethernet/IP.
Old December 14th, 2017, 03:15 PM   #8
0151paul
United Kingdom

Update.....

After setting up a test rig with a L62 v20 processor the issue was actually the ENBT card I was using to comunicate via to the movifit. When using an EN2T card there are no issues either via eds file or creation of a generic module. I checked the firmware revision levels against the card we used previously to communicate with the movipro on a different installation and they match. I have asked the question of SEW why there communication protocols are different between units, I'm waiting for a reply. As we have standard revision levels onsite for the ENBT I have not tried updating to the latest revision to see if I could establish communications that way.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum