You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old December 11th, 2017, 07:04 AM   #1
aiki202
United States

Modicon AS-B882-239 HSC to AB ControlLogix

Has anyone converted (upgraded) from a Modicon AS-B882-239 HSC module (800 Series) to an AB 1756 module that performs the same functionality?

The 800 Series I/O is currently on RIO from a Quantum PLC. The Quantum is staying for now but we would like to add a ProSoft module for EtherNet/IP comms between the Quantum rack and the new AB 1756 rack. Most I/O is simple discrete modules but we do have the HSC modules as well.

It appears that we may need to use the AB 1756-LSC8XIB8I Low Speed Counter module with Peer I/O Control in order to get the same functionality as the Modicon module as we are currently using both hardwire input and output signals to/from the module.

Any perspective or advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old December 11th, 2017, 07:27 AM   #2
aiki202
United States

It appears that our first challenge is going to be how to communicate between the Modicon Quantum and the AB distributed I/O (1756-ENBT module via EtherNet/IP). I do not see any ProSoft module that provides for this (already requested info from tech support)... I suppose this is an uncommon setup as normally an AB CLX PAC is installed and the old I/O would remain in use.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum