You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old December 12th, 2017, 09:13 AM   #1
trueninjalo
United States

Controlnet PF-40P Drives

Hello staff,
I have a drive network of 16 Power Flex 40P drives on control net and 8 PF525 on ethernet ring. Maintenance states one of the 40P drives (node 10) failed. After replacing the drive, the next drive in line (node 11) failed. After replacing that one, the next one (node 12) failed. Has anyone seen this before? This is the information passed to me and I am sitting here thinking the drives may be functional but there is possibly something with the network that's causing the failures. A couple weeks ago I had to rename some drives and rescheduled the network as we added an Ethernet group of drives in the middle of the conveyor line. The lines have been running well until last night.

Thanks in advance,
Anthony
Old December 12th, 2017, 11:10 AM   #2
Ken Roach
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

>we added an Ethernet group of drives in the middle of the conveyor line.

How exactly did you configure those in the I/O tree of the controller ? The network interface must be in the chassis with the CPU (1756 ControlLogix) or integrated with the CPU (CompactLogix).

This will work:

Controller -> ControlNet Bridge Module -> ControlNet -> Drive.

And this will work:

Controller -> EtherNet/IP Bridge Module -> Ethernet -> Drive

But this will only work by coincidence or until the buffers get interrupted:

Controller -> ControlNet Bridge Module -> ControlNet -> ControlNet Bridge Module -> EtherNet/IP Bridge Module -> Ethernet -> Drive
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum