Plc Testing Standard Procedure

iknowsomeplc

Hello all,

Anybody worked on testing a new PLC ? I mean the application testing of a new PLC which is to be launched. Hardware and Software testing will be done using standard software/tools. But, how to go ahead with application testing? Like testing for each instruction , network connectivity/response, Functional Acceptance test etc. Anybody have any standard procedure to test ?

Honestly, you've just got to expand on the list you've already started. Add a few more line items (if you need them) and then detail them with proceedures. Every job is different. So, you need to determine the value of each test, and what the test is supposed to prove.

For the project I'm currently working on, networking, redundancy, and database limitations are huge concerns. All of us have spent a good amount of time trying to make our test system choke (it's fun to try and break stuff). We've already made our HMI software gag on the number of tags we expect to have, and found a hang-up in our network redundancy. Luckily, there is a work-around for both problems.

AK