You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old December 22nd, 2017, 05:17 AM   #1
TAMILARASAN
India

S7-1200 to S7-300 Plc Communication

Dear Experts,

One of my client using S7-300 Plc In that Cp343 Module also using for scada and hmi connection .

And now wer are going to supply new machine - In that am going to install S7-1200 Plc And Ktp-700 Hmi . So that my plc (s7-1200 ) to Excising PLC (s7-300) to data sharing throw profinet .

S7-300 Plc they are using Simatic Manager ( V5.5 Sp3) programmed previously .

S7-1200 Plc am going to program TIA v13 Software .

So which hardware to choose ?? Like am asking PN/PN Coulper to use connection establishment to those plc . ??

I want to communicate with my plc to S7-1200 to (ktp -700 and One plc s7-314 and scada wincc ).

kindly share some document and program backup . how to make connection .

Plz help this support.

Regards,

Arasan..
Old December 22nd, 2017, 07:08 AM   #2
cardosocea
United Kingdom

You don't necessarily need a PN/PN Coupler, the decision to use one should be based on the customer's standard, installation requirements and so on. I would revert back to them on how they want that bit done.

To communicate through Profinet, Siemens as plenty of information about it. I managed to put a S7-400 talking to a 1200 through PUT and GET instructions, although I prefer the Send/Receive instructions. Any search for these or FB13/FB12 should point you in the right direction.
Old December 22nd, 2017, 07:09 AM   #3
gclshortt
Canada

https://support.industry.siemens.com...=0&pageSize=10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U37iSMr6ZVc

These threads may help.
Regards,
Old December 22nd, 2017, 12:14 PM   #4
JBA-DK
Denmark

I recently done it. I saw the video Garry linked to and it works perfectly for me without making any changes at all in the S7-300 plc. Today I needed to control a bit in another s7-300 from an s7-1200. Using a put block and a one shot I successfully flipped a bit in the s7-300
Old December 22nd, 2017, 10:44 PM   #5
TAMILARASAN
India

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardosocea View Post
You don't necessarily need a PN/PN Coupler, the decision to use one should be based on the customer's standard, installation requirements and so on. I would revert back to them on how they want that bit done.

To communicate through Profinet, Siemens as plenty of information about it. I managed to put a S7-400 talking to a 1200 through PUT and GET instructions, although I prefer the Send/Receive instructions. Any search for these or FB13/FB12 should point you in the right direction.

Dear cardosocea ,
thank you very much for your great help and support .
Regards,
Arasan
Old December 22nd, 2017, 10:48 PM   #6
TAMILARASAN
India

Quote:
Originally Posted by gclshortt View Post

Dear Garry,
Thanks for support and help . You linked video i seen fully and got it the information .
And Am using S7-1200 Plc having single ethernet port . in that port i want to configure Profinet for S7-300 plc configuration . in my same s7-1200 plc to connect one hmi and one wincc scada also . it can be possible .??

Please guide me .
Thanks And regards,
Arasan.
Old December 23rd, 2017, 07:28 AM   #7
mk42
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAMILARASAN View Post
Dear Garry,
Thanks for support and help . You linked video i seen fully and got it the information .
And Am using S7-1200 Plc having single ethernet port . in that port i want to configure Profinet for S7-300 plc configuration . in my same s7-1200 plc to connect one hmi and one wincc scada also . it can be possible .??

Please guide me .
Thanks And regards,
Arasan.
Yes. A 1200's Ethernet interface supports connections to multiple devices. I don't exactly recall the specs, but I think it's at least 8.

However, if you're not familiar with Ethernet, you'll probably need a switch to be able to connect all the devices.
Old December 24th, 2017, 05:34 AM   #8
cardosocea
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBA-DK View Post
I recently done it. I saw the video Garry linked to and it works perfectly for me without making any changes at all in the S7-300 plc. Today I needed to control a bit in another s7-300 from an s7-1200. Using a put block and a one shot I successfully flipped a bit in the s7-300
One possibly important detail and why I don't like by default to use the PUT/GET instructions is that they'll work even if the other PLC is stopped. This may be acceptable, or may not at all and lead to potential issues.
The SEND/RECV however, need to be processed, so you'll get a fault if the receiving end doesn't process the communication.

This however can easily be overcome by keeping a rolling counter/heartbeat in the communication.
Old December 24th, 2017, 11:23 PM   #9
TAMILARASAN
India

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk42 View Post
Yes. A 1200's Ethernet interface supports connections to multiple devices. I don't exactly recall the specs, but I think it's at least 8.

However, if you're not familiar with Ethernet, you'll probably need a switch to be able to connect all the devices.
Dear mk,
Thank you very much for your kind information . yes can able to use Ethernet switch for connecting hmi and scada as well as s7-300 plc for data read and write .

Regards,
Arasan..
Old December 24th, 2017, 11:27 PM   #10
TAMILARASAN
India

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardosocea View Post
One possibly important detail and why I don't like by default to use the PUT/GET instructions is that they'll work even if the other PLC is stopped. This may be acceptable, or may not at all and lead to potential issues.
The SEND/RECV however, need to be processed, so you'll get a fault if the receiving end doesn't process the communication.

This however can easily be overcome by keeping a rolling counter/heartbeat in the communication.

Dear cardosocea,
Ya. In S7-1200 plc we have to use for PUT/GET instruction for read and write data's . So in same as S7-300 plc also through profinet .
First i want to connect establishment to do . both the plc .
As you mention You have backup for this communication program . Kindly share here . its useful for us ..

Thanks and Regards,
Arasan..
Old December 27th, 2017, 11:48 PM   #11
TAMILARASAN
India

S7-1200 to S7-300 Plc Communication

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAMILARASAN View Post
Dear cardosocea,
Ya. In S7-1200 plc we have to use for PUT/GET instruction for read and write data's . So in same as S7-300 plc also through profinet .
First i want to connect establishment to do . both the plc .
As you mention You have backup for this communication program . Kindly share here . its useful for us ..

Thanks and Regards,
Arasan..
Dear Experts,
Thank you very much for your great support.
I have successfully communicated S7-1200 plc to s7-300 plc as i told you know before same Order number of my plc .
Data sharing of both the plc done and tested .

Thanks again ,
Regards,
Arasan..
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum