You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old December 28th, 2017, 11:54 PM   #1
IdealDan
Malaysia

How to emulate RSLogix5000 program with SoftLogix chassis Monitor

Hi Friends!
What is the PROCEDURE to emulate RSLogix5000 program with SoftLogix chassis Monitor please?

Your input will be well Appreciated
Old January 9th, 2018, 03:39 PM   #2
Nomographer
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

I have a few clarifying questions for you. Are you creating a new RSLogix 5000 project for learning purposes or working with an existing project? What version of RSLogix 5000 or (Studio 5000) are you currently working with? Is there a reason you need to use SoftLogix 5800 instead of RSLogix 5000 Emulate? Do you already have the Rockwell software available, or are you also asking about what software you need to acquire?
Old January 10th, 2018, 01:25 AM   #3
IdealDan
Malaysia

Thanks Nomographer for your interest in helping me.

1. Are you creating a new RSLogix 5000 project for learning purposes or working with an existing project? NEW PROJECT FOR LEARNING PURPOSES

2. What version of RSLogix 5000 or (Studio 5000) are you currently working with? V13.04

3. Is there a reason you need to use SoftLogix 5800 instead of RSLogix 5000 Emulate? YES- REASON IS BECAUSE I DO NOT RSLOGIX 5000 EMULATE BUT I HAVE SOFTLOGIX.

4. Do you already have the Rockwell software available, or are you also asking about what software you need to acquire? I ALREADY HAVE ROCKWELL SOFTWARE, I NEED THE PROCEDURE FOR EMULATING WITH SOFTLOGIX

Thanks in advance as I wait your respnse.
Old January 10th, 2018, 05:10 AM   #4
Paully's5.0
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealDan View Post
I NEED THE PROCEDURE FOR EMULATING WITH SOFTLOGIX
Nobody is going to give you a PROCEDURE for this, if you want a procedure read the Softlogix manual, after all you said you were learning.

1 - Install Softlogix
2 - Add virtual CPU
3 - Add virutal ENBT
4 - Download

It's really not much different than setting up physical hardware.

Of course, you'll have to deal with firmware version issues, and when you use a Softlogix the hardware tree will be lost so any hardware tree IO references in the program will generate errors due to the missing IO. You'll have to figure out a method to deal with that so it can compile and run on a SoftLogix.

Note, the Softlogix does not EMULATE anything, it's an actual software-based controller.
Old January 10th, 2018, 01:53 PM   #5
Operaghost
United States

You will need to make sure that the major versions of RSLogix 5000 and SoftLogix 5800 are the same. You mentioned 13.04 for your RSLogix.

13 = Major version
.04 = Minor revision

Your SoftLogix software must match the major version (13) but the minor revisions do not need to match.

Version 13 is quite old. It was designed for Windows 2000 and Windows XP. You might run into issues trying to install in a modern operating system.

OG
Old January 13th, 2018, 04:06 PM   #6
IdealDan
Malaysia

I appreciate all your inputs!
Old January 16th, 2018, 10:55 AM   #7
IdealDan
Malaysia

Hi Guys!
I'm almost done on this, I can add I/O module, configure Processor, RSLinx BUT when I toggle bit from the controller side(I/O Data) in run mode after Downloading, NOTTHING changes. COULD SOMEONE BE KIND TO HELP ME HEERE PLEASE?
Old July 27th, 2018, 02:33 AM   #8
akash11132
Supporting Member
Australia

I am currently using softlogix 5800 to create virtual chassis. I have added the softlogix 5800 controller, SIM Modules in the I/O Configuration. But I could not find any analog modules to add to the I/O configuration.I am using few analog I/O in the original RSLogix 5000 program. Any idea to mimic the analog modules. Thanks
Old August 3rd, 2018, 05:44 PM   #9
Nomographer
United States

I haven't personally used SoftLogix 5800, but I believe it only emulates the processor and not the I/O modules. You should use RSLogix 5000 Emulate.
Old August 5th, 2018, 03:28 AM   #10
Aardwizz
United Kingdom

The reason that "notthing changes" is that your "real" PLC is scanning its "real" I/O, and changing whatever value you put in with the "real" value.

If it can't communicate with the I/O modules that it "knows" should be out there (because they're in the I/O tree), then it reports the default, which is zero.

If you go into the configuration of each module, there's a checkbox for "Inhibit module" that should (I haven't worked with SoftLogx, but it does on a physical CLX) prevent the PLC from even trying to scan it's I/O, allowing you to write your own values.

Good luck
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum